This full-time certificate program will equip you with fundamental business administration skills and knowledge that can be applied to a variety of entry-level jobs. Through the program, you will learn computer literacy, numeracy, cross-cultural communications and other skills needed in various businesses and industries, as well as develop basic knowledge in accounting, management, economics, marketing, and organizational structures.
Upon completing the program, you will have an excellent foundation in business and an opportunity to further your studies. Currently, under proposal, graduates of the program will be eligible to apply for direct entry to the 2nd year of the Q College two-year Business Administration, Web Tech Specialty Diploma program.
- Upon completion of the program, you will have demonstrated basic functions essential in business such as:
- Knowledge of basic accounting systems, as well as the ability to apply accounting accumulation principles, do external reporting, and expertly use financial accounting information.
- Preparing and analyzing accounting information for the use of shareholders and managements in partnerships and corporations.
- Familiarity with individual and group behavior in an organization.
- Knowledge of basic computer terminology, Windows, and the use of Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with how the economy impacts businesses, industries, and government decisions.
- Knowledge of population trends in North America from a cross-cultural perspective and the roles culture plays in social and business interactions.
- Able to solve financial and math problems regularly encountered in business.
- An understanding of management functions such as planning, organizing, leading, and organization control.
- Awareness of the marketing mix known as the 4 Ps of marketing — product, price, place, and promotion.
- Introduction to Computing
- Management Essentials
- North American Communications and Culture
- Business Math
- Introduction to Marketing
- Accounting 1
- Understanding North America
- Accounting 2
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Economics
Upon completion of the program, you will be well suited for entry-level positions in a range of business, industry, and government sectors.
- BC high school graduate or equivalent from other provinces or countries.
- Students who do not have a grade of C in Math 11, or equivalent, must take a math upgrading course concurrently with the first course taught in the program.
- A minimum C grade or equivalent in English 12. Students whose first language is not English and who did not graduate from a school that does not deliver its curriculum in English can meet this requirement with an IELTS score of 5.5 with no band under 5.0; or an iBT TOEFL minimum score of 67; or a score based on the Common European Framework of B1.
|Course Material Fee
|Mandatory Medical Insurance
|Course Material Fee
Ready To Apply?Apply Now